Why Become a Member of Rock Hill?
Because the Gospel of Jesus Christ makes us family. Jesus has established His church to work out what it means to be in God’s family. Church membership is about a mutual commitment between you and the people of Rock Hill. As Christians we are called to commit to one another and set ourselves under the care and authority of a local church. Think of it as moving from a consumer to a participant.
Membership at Rock Hill is a commitment to live out our core identities as worshipers, family, servants, witnesses, prayers, and learners. It is an acknowledgment that our salvation in Jesus is both a personal and public confession. We do this by joining the visible local church, an expression of God’s global Church, and setting ourselves under her authority and care. Members commit to serve and partner with other members in the church in order to see the Gospel transform our lives, our church, our city, and our world.
How Do I Become A Member?
1. Attend the Pizza with the Pastors. (Sign up here). This happens on the first Sunday of every month. This 45 minute class is the starting point for learning how to get connected at Rock Hill.
- It is an opportunity for you to meet with a couple of our pastors.
- Come and learn about what we believe, where we are headed, and how our leadership is structured.
- Ask any questions you might have about the church.
2. Watch the Statement of Faith Videos to understand what we believe. Pastor Kyle teaches through our statement of faith in 10 short videos (6-12 min each).
3. Attend the Rock Hill Foundations class. (Sign up here). Foundations is offered once a month (usually the 3rd Thursday of the month) and serves as our membership class. In it we cover:
- Our theological distinctives
- What it means to believe the gospel in the everyday stuff of life.
- Living on Jesus’ mission together. A deeper dive into our 6 Identities.
- Spiritual Gifts and how to effectively find our place to serve the church.
- Our membership Covenant and what the expectations of a Rock Hill Member (seriously, we write them down and communicate them. No one likes unknown expectations, right).
- How to share the gospel with someone else.
4. Meet with a Rock Hill Pastor for a Member Interview.