Pastor of Discipleship and Community Life
Oversee City Group Ministry
- Oversee & Implement the City Group vision of our church.
- Recruit, train and coach Existing and Future City Group Leaders.
- Develop with the Lead pastor an onboarding bootcamp for launching new City Groups.
- Provide ongoing training and care for leaders.
- Develop coaching system to scale as needed.
- Be the primary pastoral counselor on our team of pastors.
- Train up and oversee a team of lay counselors to minister to the ongoing care needs of the body.
- Develop a strategy for and Teach Discipleship Classes utilizing both in person and zoom formats.
- Be Discipling a group of up and coming leaders.
- Assist in teaching our Rock Hill Institute Classes.
- Be involved in our Residency Program and Intern Development.
Oversee the Children’s Ministry Director.
- Be on the Preaching Team for Sunday Mornings.
- Teaching Member Classes
- Weddings, Funerals, Pre-marriage Counseling.
- Lead a City Group.
- The Pastor of Discipleship and Community Life will report to the Lead pastor. He will help develop and oversee the discipleship process for our church by overseeing City Groups and teaching classes that supplement community life. He will foster a church family that cares for one another but will take the primary pastoral care load in area of counseling.
Key Skill Sets
- Strong strategic thinker who thinks like a shepherd.
- Strong leadership development and coaching skills
- A proven recruiter.
- A strong teacher/preacher who can provide a secondary voice from the pulpit (5-8 times a year)
- Good conflict resolution/mediation skills.
- Someone who thrives working on a team of pastors.
- Ability to adapt and change effectively with a growing church.
- Someone who loves Duluth and wants to commit to this body over the long term. This doesn’t mean you are locked into one position, but rather committed to this people.
- A lifelong learner.
- Ability to handle technology effectively and quickly. IT doesn’t have to be your thing, but you need to be able to learn different tools and software effectively.
- Able to manage yourself effectively but open to direction and guidance.